2014-3-8 Dan
I have heard the idea of living in the moment for many years. I understand the concept. But to understand a concept and to implement one are two different things. I have lived the vast majority of my adult life coveting the goal just over the horizon. The famous line is “if I can just…”, or “once I get ….”. The reality is if I realize the goal, or I don’t, it doesn’t change who I am.
I was walking on the beach when
out of the corner of my eye I saw this guy running into the surf. At first he just plopped down and sat
in the water while the waves flowed over him. Then he found a stick and was exhilarated with the
find. The photo you see is where
he is playfully running back to his owner.
It is okay to have goals in my
life, but I need to remember to enjoy my life while I am pursuing my goals. The
gift of dogs is how they are tied to the moment-to-moment existence. I need to learn to enjoy the sticks
I find along the path of my life.

No comments:
Post a Comment