CherryLime2014 logo

CherryLime2014 logo

Monday, March 17, 2014

2014-3-17 Dan

 
What is it about water that makes so many people comfortable?  I did not grow-up near the ocean, so why am I so compelled whenever I am near big water to actually go see it?  If I see the water I invariably want to go touch it.  Have it flow over my feet and have my toes sink into the wet sand.  I know that I am not alone in these feelings.  They seem to be a collective memory, something infused in many peoples beings. 

When I was out for this sunrise on my last morning in St. Augustine, during a much-needed break from the hard winter, I shared the experience of the sunrise with a number of people.  We all came out to the beach at about the same time, for the same purpose.  Sometimes it feels that life can be very complicated and confusing.  I need to remember that I am the one making it more or less this way.  I never want to lose sight of the truly important things and people in our lives; with what we all instinctively know as moments to be cherished.


No comments:

Post a Comment